Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy’s Marketing Communications team has a bold vision:
to combine creativity, data, and technology to drive growth. As part of the strategic core of this team, we’re looking for a Strategist with a focus on connections planning to help unleash creativity across the consumer journey, pull the strategy through the entire creative process, and ensure we’re activation paid, owned, and earned channels to drive our business forward.
Along with building strategies to develop and grow some of the world’s leading recreational and medical cannabis brands, but further sets this role is our unrivaled team. We’re comprised of the best of a diverse array of talents, hailing from different industries, united under the common goal of reinventing what is possible in cannabis and branding. The ambition of our team, their passion, and the pride they take in the work that they do, is what makes us pioneers and leaders. We cultivate an environment where people are excited to come in and do their best work, free to be on the cutting edge and push boundaries. Still with us? Read on.
- Develop communications strategies for creative campaigns and ensure strategy is represented through the entire creative process from start to finish, across owned, earned, and paid tactics.
- Providing insight into the consumer throughout the creative process and developing the organizing idea for key briefs and championing this throughout the process.
- Support channel management decisions, working with channel owners to ensure paid, owned and earned channels are activated appropriately in campaigns.
- Explore the intersection of culture, brands and audiences from new angles to arrive at deeper insights, more provocative marketing strategies and breakthrough brand-building platforms.
- Serve as a resource for creative teams on brand and consumer issues, helping to clarify briefs and consumer insights when necessary.
- Earn trust and respect of brand and creative teams, through understanding consumer issues, leveraging insights, writing briefs, and conducting workshops.
- Keep up to date with innovative work across advertising and communications industries; share internal and external best practices with colleagues across practices, sectors and functions within the organization, inspiring others to uncover insights and think in new ways.
- 5+ years strategy and planning experience, preferable within a creative agency environment
- Proven experience managing and balancing multiple complex projects, multi-disciplinary projects, and leading diverse, dynamic teams to deliver balanced, integrated solutions
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in marketing, communications, advertising, business, information technology, or a related discipline
- Obsessed with consumer insights and building creative ideas that solve business challenges.
This is a full time position based out of Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.