Posted May 6, 2020
Employer/Company Southern Dakelh Nation Alliance
Contact Person Tammy Keith
Address 59 First Avenue South
Williams Lake, BC V2G 1H4
Positions available 1
F/T 5 days a week/35 hours per week
Start Date As soon as possible
Salary Range Based on qualifications
Closing Date Open till filled
Driver’s License Required
Driver’s Abstract Required
Police Info Check Required
Southern Dakelh Nation Alliance (SDNA) is seeking to hire an Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk to support Finance. The position will work out of the SDNA office located at 59-1st Ave South, Williams Lake, BC.
· Accounts Payable Process
· Payroll Process
· Adherence to company policies and maintain internal control procedures.
Essential Functions and Duties
· Process weekly cheque runs
· Ensure costs are coded to applicable ledger accounts
· Posting credit card transactions
· Process bi-weekly payroll run
· Ability to process Records of Employment
· Maintain accurate employee files and payroll records
· Knowledge of Employment Standards Act / Canadian Labour Code
· Knowledge of employee medical and pension benefits and taxes
· Tracking costs as required
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
· Provide assistance to Junior Accountant as needed
· Perform duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
· Perform duties in a timely manner
Qualifications – Education and Experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience.
· Working knowledge of Sage 300.
· Strong knowledge of Excel.
· Experience with Fund/Cost accounting.
· Certificate in bookkeeping/accounting would be an asset.
A cover letter is required to detail how you meet the qualifications and competencies described above. Please email the cover letter and a current resume to Tammy Keith through Indeed . No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent