**This position is located at the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport**
Assists the Airline Account Supervisor in the day to day operation in the front office. Front facing with customers and telephone contact to be delivered in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine manifests, bills of lading and air waybills to determine work procedures for accepting or releasing cargo.
- Compiles documents and data entry functions for import or export cargo shipments.
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests and cargo routing familiarization.
- Expedites shipment of cargo from Warehouse and assists customers in tracking their shipments.
- Notifies consignee or representative concerning arrival dates of shipment, customs clearance requirements and weight of shipment.
- Enter transactions for billing to consignee and airline customer prior to release of freight.
- Authorizes final approval for cargo release.
- Undertake acceptance procedures for export cargo shipments.
- Assists customers at the front counter including pick-up and delivery requests.
- Prepares invoices for charges, airline clients and management regarding freight movements.
- Work with CBSA, Transport Canada and other governmental agencies to clear shipments.
- Meets flights in order to exchange documents as required.
- Recognizes dangerous goods upon receiving.
- Complete mandatory security and other training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English & French proficiently
- Capable of repeating repetitive tasks
- Must be flexible and available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to obtain and hold all required security clearances and passing a Transport Canada background check.
- Valid driver’s license with no violations over the past 5 years
- Familiarity with or ability to learn how to work within an IT cargo system environment preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
Apply now at www.menziesaviation.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipping And Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipping Tracking Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)