Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic industry that is continuously evolving? Tech Manitoba is looking for a dynamic, details oriented and creative candidate to manage our gender-parity project - MAVEN. This initiative is focused on improving the attraction, retention and advancement of women in Manitoba’s tech sector. In addition, we’re passionate about promoting careers in tech to girls through fun and accessible events. This role has a ton of variety so if you like having a range of exciting activities, are opening to learning and want to make an impact on Manitoba’s fastest growing sector, this might be the role for you!
What You Will Do
- Lead and manage the Maven – gender parity project including its volunteer committees to ensure they committee deliver on agreed outcomes within their mandate. This involves reporting, leading initiatives, organizing meetings, collecting data, etc.
- Collaborate with the Tech Manitoba Marketing team to support the maintenance, personality and growth of social accounts, specifically under the Maven program
- Collaborate with the Tech Manitoba Program team and volunteers to coordinate, organize and implement a range of women/girls in technology events under the mantle of MAVEN project
- Organize formal discussions with companies across the province to foster collaboration, networking and actions to increase gender parity in the tech sector
- Keep tabs on industry trends and emerging issues
- Prepare and submit accurate reports on or before required deadlines to the project funder
- Experience engaging a community and working with volunteer committees
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with government grants and reporting is considered an asset
- Experience in organizing a wide range of events
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s license as some travel is required in communities outside Winnipeg i.e. Northern communities, Western, Southern Manitoba
- Knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and social media management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and confidence in public speaking and facilitating meetings
Tech Manitoba, is a non-profit, member-based organization working to grow Manitoba’s thriving tech community. We are an inclusive organization that promotes equality and welcomes differences.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Position is open until filled. To learn more about Tech Manitoba and the MAVEN project visit: www.techmanitoba.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- event organization: 1 year (Preferred)
- program management: 1 year (Required)
- volunteer committee management: 1 year (Required)