Emmetros helps people with cognitive impairments live independently and with dignity. Our MemorySparx platform is a collaborative tool uniquely designed with the goal of helping care recipients collaborate with their family and caregivers to organize and recall personal health information, photos, and more. By providing personal details close at hand, MemorySparx helps people living with dementia to communicate more independently.
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Web Developer who will primarily be focused on UI and UX development.
Emmetros features a highly experienced, welcoming, and supportive team that will challenge you to do your best work. If building meaningful eHealth products that solve real problems sounds inspiring, we'd love to hear from you. We are well funded, mature, family friendly, and are based in the Waterloo Accelerator Centre, a great place to be. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, flexible working arrangements, and unlimited vacation (minimum 4 weeks).
- Build front-end features for the MemorySparx Connect platform
- Work closely with the design team to solve UX/UI challenges that are unique to the eHealth space
- Research and prototype new UI frameworks and approaches
- Optimize responsive UI compatibility and performance across multiple platforms (Desktop, iOS, Android)
- Occasionally assist with backend development as necessary
- Write unit tests and perform peer code reviews
Our stack is brand new, no legacy:
- Angular 7+ (Single Page/Progressive Web App Architecture)
- Material, Responsive HTML5, CSS3/SCSS
- Node.js, Socket.io (RESTful APIs, JSON, OAuth 2.0, etc)
- Jasmine, Mocha
- JIRA, Bitbucket (Git)
- 3+ years of relevant web and/or mobile development experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Loves frontend development and is passionate about creating simple, elegant, and functional user experiences for our customers
- Experience building modern, responsive web UI that works consistently across multiple platforms (Desktop, iOS, Android)
- Can communicate effectively in a collaborative cross-functional team
- Comfortable working in a startup environment
- Innately curious, a natural problem solver
Job Type: Full-time