Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
1088 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC
Cafe One Restaurant & Bar One
- Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, clear tables during service. Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the F&B Manager.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
- Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in all supportive functions as needed, by providing direct service to guest, including but not limited to serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general duties.
- Follow duties list and any other duties added by the F&B Outlets Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Follow Hotel’s policies, procedures, adhere to appearance standards memo and any other memos from management.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service and serving role is required.
- Must be able to work as early as 5:00AM.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Micros knowledge is an asset.
- Must have Serving it Right and FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Basic Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill a variety of opening or closing duties.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Health and dental benefits (waiting period applies)
- Employee rates at Marriott hotels worldwide
- RRSP matching program (waiting period applies)
- Opportunities for advancement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- server: 3 years (Required)
- Serving It Right (Required)