Vanrx Pharmasystems is at the forefront of introducing groundbreaking robotics and automation into the pharmaceutical sector. The role of Mechanical Technician is an exciting and diverse opportunity to help drive our successful company’s rapid growth and be a contributing and instrumental member of an experienced Manufacturing team.
Our award winning company is seeking a Mechanical Technician with a diverse technical background to assemble, install, and test our advanced aseptic processing systems. This position requires routine interaction with engineering, quality, and warehouse personnel to ensure day-to-day activities are on schedule. Exceptional communication skills, a willingness to travel, and high technical competency are key requirements for the role. Excellent knowledge of complex mechanical systems and hands-on problem solving capabilities are key.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is a pioneering company making the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx aseptic filling machines use robotics, gloveless isolator and machine vision technologies to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into vials, syringes or cartridges.
Vanrx was #1 on the 2018 Deloitte Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The company’s continued growth makes this an exciting time to join our remarkable team.
- Assemble, install and test mechanical systems in a timely and efficient manner as per manufacturing schedule
- Perform activities such as polishing & cleaning, quality inspections, parts assessments and reporting deficiencies within the manufacturing process
- Understand and perform various mechanical tasks as per engineering drawings and schematics
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail approach in performing work, a strong ability to successfully work in teams and effectively work independently
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Ensure day-to-day activities are performed in compliance of the safety program
- Contribute and foster an environment which encourages, supports, and recognizes new ideas and initiatives
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives, such as implementing new processes, equipment, etc.
- When required, short notice travel to service systems in the field
- Support other departments as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years demonstrated work experience in complex mechanical assembly
- Lean manufacturing experience (issue/opportunity identification, solution development/execution/containment mindset)
- Proven experience reading engineering drawings and technical documents, plumbing, and instrumentation schematics
- Advanced mechanical aptitude
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple assemblies at a time
- Able to stand for an extended period of time using hand tools
- High degree of “hands-on” mechanical proficiency is required
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent diploma in Mechanical Trades or a Repair Technician program
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation from your start date
- Flexible work space with every employee having an Apple laptop, you are able to schedule video meetings and attend conferences via video link from remote locations
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It's an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.
Please submit a tailored and personal cover letter along with your CV to be considered for this extraordinary opportunity.
Please visit our careers page for more information https://vanrx.com/careers/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site parking
- Paid Time Off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have implemented an action plan in line with provincial and WorkSafeBC guidelines as safety is always top of mind.
- complex mechanical assembly: 3 years (Required)
- Lean manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- reading engineering drawings and technical documents: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)