Shorelines Casino Thousand Islands is looking for an energetic and customer service focused individual to work as a Slot Attendant this summer. This is a contract position that will end September 29, 2019.
Position Summary: this position is responsible for all activities and customer issues related to the operation of machine gaming on our gaming floor.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Adhering to all GCGC, AGCO and HR policies as they relate to functions of the position
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of slot machines
- Provide professional and courteous customer service
- Verify and process jackpots, short pays, cancelled credits and hand-pay
- Comply with policies and procedures for all notable and significant cash / cash equivalent transactions
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and pleasant environment for the customer
- Maintain confidentiality as described in Section 1.1.6 – Confidentiality
- Performing hopper fills
- Every team member must comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies communicated to the employee through the Human Resources Policy Manual and its periodic updates.
- Every team member will be familiarized with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to their position, and how their job description aligns with specific internal control activities for which they are responsible.
- Any other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education an asset
- Have Smart Serve Certification
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Second language an asset
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with work schedule
Successful candidates will also have:
- Ability to obtain and maintain Gaming Assistant Registration with the AGCO
- Reliable transportation to get to work (Gananoque)
Since the fun never stops at Shorelines, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights, based on business needs.
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, April 18, 2019, 5:00 PM EST.
Thank you for your application and best of luck!
Shorelines will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.
Job Type: Contract
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- English (Required)