The Kativik Regional Government (KRG), a supra municipal body with jurisdiction over the territory located north of the 55th parallel, is now looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual interested in joining the KRG to work in the capacity of:
Permanent Full time position
Under the supervision of the Assistant-Director – Information Technology section, the system administrator is responsible for, without being limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Ensure production server availability.
- Ensure proper data backups of all servers (backup schedule, data recovery and testing).
- Ensure adequate access and security measures over all systems including OS updates and antivirus.
- Ensure local and WAN network availability.
- Manage Firewall and Network infrastructure.
- Mentor support staff, providing guidance on their daily activities.
- Play a leading role in the implementation of new system following the project management concept.
- Ensure proper documentation of all systems related activities. Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange…
- Planning, documentation and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan (hardware & data recovery)
- Play an active role in creation, implementation and revision of IT policies and guidelines.
- Advise the Assistant-director on infrastructure changes and future requirements.
- Performing any related tasks as requested by the Assistant-Director.
- College level diploma in computer technology
- 5 years of experience as Windows Servers, Exchange and Cisco equipment
- vmware certified Professional (VCP).
- Cisco CCNA
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE).
- Experience with team leadership and project management will be an asset.
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 Administration
- Active Directory Enterprise Administration
- VMware ESXi (vSphere/vCenter) environments
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server administration
- MS DFSR
- MS Exchange Administration
- Scripting in PowerShell, VBScript
- SAN and iSCSI Server Storage Arrays
- Network management: routers, firewalls, and switches: configurations and monitoring.
- Veeam Backup, Replication and Recovery
- PRTG Monitoring
- Web server configuration and management: Apache, IIS
- Maintain Development/ Production environments for Web DevOps.
- Maintaining SQL Servers, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS projects and reports.
- MSQL Database Administration (Windows Server Cluster environment)
- PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Certification MCSE, MCSA
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Network Administration: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, PPTP VPN, RDP
PERSONAL QUALITIES / ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Resourceful when troubleshooting.
- Team leadership
- Ability to transfer his/her knowledge to others.
- Strong focus on customer service oriented personality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Must be available to occasionally work overtime, outside office hours and be available on-call.
- Must be available to travel in Nunavik communities on occasion.
Place of employment: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min. $49 952 – Max. $85 512 yearly (E9)
Other benefits: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your résumé in English and French before September 27, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)