Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer's Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers' hands.
Are you looking for an innovative agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer's Business Network, Inc. as an Account Manager!
High River, AB
The Account Manager position is an inside account management position focused on facilitating FBN Direct sales, member engagement, onboarding experience, and membership renewals. This position requires a self-starter who can independently prioritize a sales/execution process involving multiple business objectives and many products across several product lines. A background with an advanced grasp of Ag chemicals, fertilizers, and/or data products is preferred. As an FBN Account Manager, you will be required to:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional territory team to achieve team sales goals on all remaining FBN product lines, including membership renewal sales and overall customer attachment to FBN commercial business lines
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the sales and post-sale execution process involving the crop input products available on FBN Direct
- Build, foster, and manage relationships with hundreds of FBN member farmers in your assigned territory - deeply engage these member farmers with all that FBN has to offer
- Manage the FBN member onboarding process for all new member farmers in your assigned territory, while providing them with an outstanding experience
- Operate as the only assigned Account Manager covering a multi-province territory, and self-study to become an expert on the unique usage of FBN Direct products in this distinct geography
- Manage hundreds of open sales orders and deliveries at the same time; prioritize your daily efforts to meet the unique business goals that exist in your geographically distinct territory
- Fluently understand and communicate information about chemical; educate farmers about active ingredients and concentrations, chemical equivalents, and generic products
- Independently collaborate with Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives on a daily basis at an account level to provide the best farmer experience
- Place outbound calls to farmers to learn about their operations and identify ways that our products and/or services provide benefits, and achieve productivity expectations
- Demonstrate continued expertise on our market-leading and proprietary agronomic data product
- Demonstrate continued proficiency in communicating our diverse set of service offerings including FBN Finance
- Identify individual benefits for each farmer and tailor the sales approach to their needs
- Use Salesforce, NetSuite, and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Proactively provide and seek peer feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Maintain a Farmers First® mentality to improve the member experience
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience, in an Ag business function
- Fluency in Ag crop input products, to include analyzing active ingredients and concentrations
- Strong agronomy background and experience preferred
- Graduate with an Agronomic, Sales, or Marketing-related bachelor's degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided, independent work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the Farmers First®
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to travel 10%+ of time