Hiring Event - Tuesday, October 8th from 2-7p @ Homewood Suites By Hilton, 975 Syscon Rd., Burlington, ON. Event to be held in the Canadian Hall. Please come prepared with a resume. Interviews will take place on the spot.
This is a unique opportunity to come work for an iconic brand during the Holiday Season! We are looking for leaders interested in a 4 month contract position with potential for a permanent role in the New Year. Contract October 2019 thru January 2020.
We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been passionate about innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
We are looking for Leaders who will bring creativity and leadership to our team. It is necessary you have the desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s past.
Reporting to the District Manager, the purpose of these positions will be to direct and lead superior retail strategies and perform store operation functions to achieve financial growth and sustained brand equity.
- Guide profitable sales and meet store financial plans through business decisions and leading the store team to accomplish essential performance goals (Conversion, Units Per Transaction and Sales Per Hour)
- Accountable for operational results/expectations in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling and inventory control. Contribute to expense control in relation to stores P&L.
- Recruit and make hiring, pay and termination decisions for all levels of store personnel including members of store management
- Achieve payroll plan through managing store schedules, monitoring labor costs and adapting to business conditions based on weekly and monthly sales; plan payroll/scheduling based on store traffic to ensure the store is staffed to assist customers
- Ensure sound inventory management through an accurate receiving and sending merchandise process, completing all required business directives such as price change and ticketing procedures
- Prevents loss by educating associates, monitoring daily store activity, ensuring company policies are followed and partnering with Loss Prevention and Merchandising
- Perform store visual standards following visual merchandising direction, accomplishing superior product presentation; make decisions about and adaptations to visual merchandising direction based on the lay out and needs of the store; ensure product is displayed in a manner which tells a story through styling and propping and is compelling to the customer
- Manage the training process for new hires on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities, holding all employees accountable to individual sale goals.
- Coach staff to increase their knowledge, providing opportunities for continued development within the organization. Create succession plans for developing top talent.
- Manage employee relations issues including performance management and ensures associates follow LS&CO policies and procedure Operational Excellence
- Maintain appropriate levels of product on the sales floor by planning and directing floor replenishment
- Create a compelling store experience for customers by engaging and modeling appropriate customer service behaviors to associates
- Bachelor's degree (5+ years of retail work experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Minimum 3 years experience in retail store management position managing and coaching sales associates
- Apparel experience and knowledge
- Energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in Levi Strauss & Co
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. We have established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Contract
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)