SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Smythe LLP is seeking an organized and hardworking Senior Administrative Assistant for our downtown Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a detailed orientated, tech savvy and resourceful administrator, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries. Our website is www.smythecpa.com.
As part of the Administrative Support Team, you will help ensure efficiencies in the day-to-day operations of the office, and help support the work of senior management.
- Provide senior level support to partners and managers with various administrative needs such as: calendar management, arrange and coordinate meetings, travel and other arrangements.
- Support partners to ensure tasks and deadlines are met.
- Create of monthly expense reports for five partners.
- Coordinate, prepare, edit and/or proofread documents such as correspondence, presentations, organizational charts, memos, agendas, and reports using various software.
- Collate tax returns, e-file tax returns and liase with the CRA on various tax matters.
- Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed.
- Guide/mentor junior admin staff on administrative duties.
- Answer and manage incoming calls from clients or potential clients.
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels to resolve administrative inquiries.
- Draft minutes of meetings for review.
- Prepare, finalize and deliver client materials, documents and invoices.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of time and expense reports for the partner(s) supported.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries (CRA follow up correspondence, forward mail to clients, etc.).
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases.
- General clerical duties include; scanning, photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and retrieval of documents, referencing materials, maintaining spreadsheets and ad-hoc tasks as required.
- 3+ years of experience in an office environment; professional services firm preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for proofreading, suggesting alternatives and making modifications.
- Proficiency with use of email, word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software and use of the internet.
- Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive materials with a high degree of tact and discretion.
- Professional demeanour.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English, with proven ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Multi-task effectively and apply project management skills efficiently, such as time management, meeting deadlines, communication, organization.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills.
- Willing to be flexible and available for overtime as needed.
THE SMYTHE ADVANTAGE
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Yearly wellness fund
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- A kitchen that is fully stocked with gourmet coffee, healthy snacks, and fruit and veggies
- An active social committee that coordinates firm-wide social events. From Friday Afternoon Socials (FAS) to celebrating holidays, this group is all about bringing our people together.
- A wellness committee that is committed to bringing employee health and wellness to the Firm by promoting and supporting physical and mental health.
- A sustainability and community committee that focuses on coordinating initiatives that allow us to give back to our community and make the Firm more sustainable.
- Sports teams – from baseball to soccer to dodgeball, you’re sure to find something to get involved in!
If you want to learn more about Life at Smythe, follow us on Instagram or check out our blog under the careers section of our website. To apply to the position, please use the following link https://bit.ly/2BJNYnN
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time