iStrat Solutions Inc. help Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME) and select large clients solve their most complex functional and technical challenges. Our expertise in the Sales, Implementation and support of the Best in Class Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Business Analytics solutions from SAP plus VOIP, Business Continuity and Data Recovery, E-Commerce, and other solutions help to provide our clients with the competitive advantage to excel in their respective industries.
As the Linux Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration and operations of all the SUSE Linux based technologies (including cloud) infrastructure and services of iStrat Solutions.
Responsibilities: Information Technology
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of Linux (SUSE Enterprise for SAP, CentOS, ETC.) server systems.
- Deploy applications, security patches and update software packages
- Support and maintenance of various infrastructure technologies such as, Azure AD, SCCM, Jenkins, Git Hub, Ansible, SolareWinds etc.),
- Advanced experience with Ansible , Jenkins, and modern IT automation tools
- Experience with Microservices: containers, OpenShift
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of Windows Server 20xx, which includes Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, GPO, replication.
- Support and maintenance of hardware systems including Cisco, ESX , various NAS and SAN storage platforms
- Perform patch management for various systems such as Windows, ESX and Linux which includes security patches, system drivers and firmware
- Troubleshoot, problem isolation, and solution implementation, proactively identify and address to potential issues from both a hardware and software perspective
- Manage system backups and offsite tape management
- Monitoring of systems health and performance
- Create and maintain project and procedure documentation
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule which includes performing server maintenance / updates and providing technical support after hours
- Bachelor’s Degree. Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) preferred or
- 3 year college diploma in the field of Computer Science, or Information Technology + 7+ years of working experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in primarily Linux systems administration role
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016/2019
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 6.x
- Experience with storage systems (SAN/NAS)
- Hands on experience of Cloud and/or large scale virtualization
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy management
- Scripting skills: Powershell, Ansible, Bash
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong attention to detail, comprehensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Must be able to effectively follow procedures and policies
- Ability to work independently or under minimum supervision
Disaster Recovery/High Availability experience would be an asset
- Microsoft certification & Linux Certification
- Demonstrated deep technical knowledge in Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Windows Virtualization, Microsoft Exchange Server, Windows Server Infrastructure, Microsoft SQL, Azure,
- Demonstrated deep knowledge in Linux operating systems especially SUSE Linux
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of VMware Solutions
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of Solar Winds.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of SCCM
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Docker, & Jenkins
- Working knowledge of tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Promethies, Linux syslog, nxlog, Elasticsearch, Kibana etc.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Linux administration: 5 years (Required)