This role is to oversee and assist with the total operations of the Pane Fresco departments. The focus is to ensure the departments provide exceptional customer service and outstanding product presentation while meeting the Company quality standards on a consistent basis to achieve maximum sales.
Passion & Commitment to customer service is a key driver for our Company
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is provided in a courteous manner to maintain our reputation for friendly, effective, and personalized experience.
- To assist with setting operational goals for the Pane Fresco departments and accountable for enforcing those goals and standards to contribute to the overall success of the store operations;
- Responsible to analyze opportunities and provide recommendations to achieve financial objectives in the areas of budgeting, gross profit, wage costs, operational expenses, inventory control/ordering, net contribution, shrink, and labour scheduling;
- To review, provide direction, and oversee the execution of store programs and initiatives (I.e. Insiders, new roll outs, etc...);
- Accountable to maintain company’s merchandising standards including all sales floor and backroom.
- Ensure that inventory is maintained at a specific level and that there is a proper mix of assortment available;
- To be involved in Customer Service and Customer Relations at all times;
- To be responsible for the closing functions (minimum of 2 nights a week), and core hours (lunch & dinner times up to 7pm)
- Responsible to oversee all maintenance aspects of the store (including 3rd party contractors)
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and oversee the store in the absence of the Franchisee;
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Employee Relations Responsibilities:
- Responsible to directly oversee the work of Department Managers as they will have a dotted line reporting into this role;
- Support strong employee performance by setting clear expectations, providing performance feedback, developing employee capability, and bench strength through developing corrective action plans to ensure their success and completion;
- To coach Department Managers on progressive disciplines;
- To manage, plan, and direct the work of others and discipline employees when required;
- Responsible to maintain and communicate Company Policies and Procedures and ensuring compliance with Food Safety/Steritech Audits (Target - low medium rating), Health and Safety initiatives, and with the Union Contract ;
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty
- Culinary experience an asset or equivalent experience in working in an HMR Department
- 4 - 5 years experience in the retail food industry
- 3 to 5 years of managerial experience
- Shows passion for the culinary (food) experience
- Strives to deliver high quality products and service maintaining high standards for self and others by supporting structure, processes and set recipes
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- High standards of personal and department cleanliness
- Labour relations experience a definite asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of store systems skills (Elvis, Telxon, CAO, and BDR) is an asset
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Health and Safety, and Company Policies and Procedures
- Must be available to work days, evenings , weekends, and holidays
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity or interview, please advise if you require accommodation.
NOTE: The Employer noted in this posting is an independently owned corporation (“Franchisee”) which is licensed to use the “FORTINOS” trademark(s) by Loblaw Inc. If an applicant is hired by the Franchisee, then his/her employer will be the Franchisee. No employment or similar relationship will be created between the applicant and Loblaws Inc. or its affiliates.
Job Type: Permanent
- Retail Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Retail Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Retail Food : 3 years (Preferred)