Redlen Technologies is the leading provider of multi-energy, X-ray imaging modules based on proprietary Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) imaging sensors. Our precision energy detection platform provides solutions to Global Fortune 500 companies in the medical imaging, security and non-destructive testing market segments.
Detail-oriented? Love west coast living? You'll fit right in! Join our team of industry-leading researchers, engineers and designers delivering high resolution radiation-based imaging products that make the world a healthier and safer place. Located on Vancouver Island on Canada's Pacific coast, our employees and their families enjoy easy access to a wide variety of metropolitan and outdoor recreational activities, affording an unrivaled balance of technology work and a re-energizing lifestyle. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including flexible work hours, competitive salaries, and health and dental insurance.
Redlen is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workplace reflective of Canadian society.
Reporting to the Manager of Product and Test Engineering, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing engineering services and support for Redlen’s in-house production test systems. The candidate will play a key role in providing test hardware designs, maintaining production hardware, troubleshooting, and internal/external user training to develop a robust, reliable test system infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design circuits and layout PCBs for production equipment.
- Custom detector test platform design, integration and debugging.
- Configuration, documentation, and set-up instructions to support the specific test systems provided to manufacturing.
- Providing complete packages and work instructions suitable for use by production operators.
- Maintain test system hardware and provide technical support for production.
- Troubleshoot electronic circuitry using diagnostic tools such as multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Support manufacturing with the deployment of new detector test infrastructure and technology process transfer (from initial prototype to standard production). This includes:
- Contribute to the scale-up and expansion of characterization and testing capabilities including automation and troubleshooting for various x-ray and gamma-ray applications.
- Assist in various material and device R&D experiments.
- Electrical or Computer Engineering degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of 2-4 years of industry experience.
- A solid understanding of general mixed-signal electronic circuitry, especially as it applies to embedded systems.
- Experience with designing PCBs with Altium Designer.
- Capable of hand soldering circuit boards, including fine pitch connectors and small (0402) surface mount components.
- Ability to collect, organize, and draw meaningful conclusions from production data is an asset
- Comfortable with software tools such as JMP, Solidworks, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Team player
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong quality ethic
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-directed, capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Reference ID: MFTG-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- industry experience: 3 years (Required)