Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the position
You do your best work and thrive when given the opportunity to plan, develop and implement corporate learning strategies and incorporate leading-edge knowledge delivery platforms targeting the needs of a highly engaged and differentiated employee group. You will take on a leadership role interacting with key stakeholders to ensure learning programs are of the highest quality and are designed to expand existing talent and continually improve performance.
- Participates in the development of strategic and long-term direction of the L&D function. Works with senior management team to develop and implement programs, strategies and processes. Ensures department and operational activities are aligned with corporate objectives.
- Develops, implements, assesses and evolves a corporate-wide learning management system strategy to build the skills, knowledge, capabilities and behaviours required to ensure the organization meets its strategic objectives and satisfies all regulatory training requirements.
- Manages L&D Associate, monitors performance, encourages growth and facilitates the development of team members’ skills through training, mentorship opportunities and sharing of knowledge.
- Works towards initiatives to build and sustain a learning environment that supports the development and retention of top talent and enhances employee performance at all levels of the organization.
- Performs training needs analysis to define scope and parameters of learning requirements that align with strategic goals.
- Identifies, develops and manages relationships with key outside vendors, educational institutions, professional networks and other strategic service providers to support program design, development and/or delivery as appropriate.
- Plans, organizes and implements corporate-wide training programs utilizing eLearning, webinar and classroom style to achieve desired business outcomes. Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business.
- Prepares and manages the annual organizational learning budget, schedules expenditures, and ensures the achievement of results within the approved training department budget.
- Develops and documents training path (succession planning) for key positions within the business.
- Tracks training records and maintains dashboard reports and training metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the quality of training through formal and informal methods, collects and reports on data gathered to inform program development and strengthen training.
- Stays current on learning and development trends and provides recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Leads through example to establish an environment fostering effective and collaborative working relationships.
Wage range: $138,000 to $223,000
Location of work: This position will be based in Vancouver BC.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, Education, Human Resources, Business or related field and a minimum of 8 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Related experience within the Technology sector.
Skills and abilities:
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to manage, develop and empower employees
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment
- Able to think and act strategically, anticipate road-blocks and map out next steps
- Experience developing, delivering and maintaining training programs for all levels within an organization
- Familiarity with best practices in adult education principles and education content design
- Proficiency using and administering LMS (ComplianceWire preferred)
- Previous experience developing and implementing enterprise-wide learning programs
- Experience designing training curriculums that include multiple learning methods (i.e. e-learning, instructor-led, virtual, etc.)
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume via:
- Our website (www.zymeworks.com) at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=231; or
- Email: patricia.tan@zymeworks; or
ATTN: Patricia Tan
540-1385 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver BC V6H 3V9
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Reference ID: 1590
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $138,000.00 to $223,000.00 /year