If you are looking for work as a Financial Analyst, Accountemps is seeking skilled candidates. If you want to become a key business partner in forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management, this Financial Analyst position might be the job for you! This position would involve conducting financial modeling on various financial products, as well as measuring, analyzing and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans, you're a good fit for this position. Advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management will also be part of this position. Located in the Vancouver-, British Columbia, area, this Financial Analyst role is a long-term temporary employment opportunity.
- Review annual performance by comparing actual results to their expectations
- Work with the Accounting group to lead the monthly and quarterly close process
- Flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information and adept at managing expectations
- Edit and manage forecasting reports
- Study performance to date and examine potential risks and opportunities
- Authenticate routine Area/Segment-level Bookings and P&L forecasting
- Work with contacts in Accounting and Operations to support business plans
- Own monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
- Enable effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide decision making support
- Operate with key senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- Perform extensive research on the underlying internal and external drivers that are affecting performance and trending
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferential)
- Prior knowledge in Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Practical knowledge in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Practical knowledge of IFRS Accounting
- Regulatory Filings experience preferred
- Regulatory compliance experience
- Regulatory reporting experience
- Regulatory Reporting Requirements experience
- International financial reporting standards experience highly preferred
- Regulatory Requirements experience highly desired
- Earlier work involving Microsoft Excel
- Background working with Basel
- General familiarity with financial reporting
- Adeptness in Data Analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
- Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools experience a plus
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. Numéro de permis du Québec AP-2000503.