Seeking Supportive Roommate
Calgary Progressive Lifestyles Foundation (CPLF) is currently seeking a Supportive Roommate for a male individual with a schizophrenia.
The ideal candidate;
- Will be responsible to assist individual with home living activities and ensuring the safety and wellness of the individual.
- Required to provide companionship as well as promote community inclusion.
- Must speak clear fluent English
The ideal support home should have;
- No other supported individuals in the support home.
- Accepting of smoking outside the support home
- Preferably no young children in the home
- A cat or dog in the home would be welcomed
- Someone interested in fishing and outdoorsy activities
- Lives close to the river for easy access to fishing amenities
- Monitor individual to take medications as required and attend medical appointment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the activities outlined in the Individual Service Plan.
- Closely follow agency Philosophy and Values in all aspects of service delivery.
- Attend monthly support team meetings, bringing forward information or concerns regarding the individual clients’ service.
- Keep daily logs and documentation of activities.
- Assist with and/or accompany individuals to appointments as required.
- Ensure that the individuals’ health, safety, and well being are maintained at all times.
- Assist the individual in any area they may require assistance in.
- Any other duties relevant to the position and individual’s needs as may be required.
- Ability to work with support team of 1 other person who will be working with this individual
Compensation: $1200/month plus room and board, approximately $550. This income is Tax Free.
Qualifications: Experience working with Adults with developmental disabilities. Must be an active person that enjoys being active in the community and meal prepping for the week.
Requirements: Police Clearance, Drivers License and insurance, Standard First Aid Certificate,
Please submit resume for consideration. Medication administration training and Crisis Prevention Intervention training will be provided at cost. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Start date is ASAP
CPLF thanks all applicants, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $1,200.00 /month
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)