About the Position:
The Housekeeper performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the residence is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition. The Housekeeper will also assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. NOTE: This is a casual position.
· Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed;
· Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows;
· Dusts all furniture and equipment;
· Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine;
· Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas;
· Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures;
· Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
· Makes up beds and changes linen as required;
· Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed;
· Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
· Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures;
· Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing);
· Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory;
· Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
· First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions;
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Excellent time management skills;
· Effective communication skills (both written and verbal);
· Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
· We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to meet challenging deadlines when required; a willingness to work flexible hours and the occasional evening and weekend to cover events. We offer a competitive compensation package; benefits, and great work, life balance. Apply to join us now!
· All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a criminal record search which may include a vulnerable sector screening will be required.
Metta Lifestyles is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent