Community Support Workers at CLKD assist individuals with developmental disabilities in all aspects of their support plans, including living active lives in our community. Over the last 6 months, our staff have helped individuals settle into new homes, plant and harvest in our community gardens, participate in awareness events at local public schools, and join public speaking workshops! Our staff also help individuals to reach their own personal goals like starting music lessons, participating in art classes, or learning how to ride a horse.
If you believe that individuals of all abilities belong and should have an equal opportunity to participate in the community, CLKD is a place where you can work to inspire possibilities for all of the individuals we support!
To get a closer look at what we do, please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CommunityLivingKD/ where you can view our newsletters and stories.
- Provide personal care and cognitive, social and/or emotional support using a person-centered approach.
- Provide assistance with a variety of household activities.
- Prepare nutritious and varied meals, as determined by care plans, using proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices.
- Promote a safe environment for both staff and supported individuals.
- To work as a member of a team, sharing relevant information and maintaining a positive and cooperative relationship with all team members and people being supported.
- Complete all administrative duties related to documentation, financial records and resources in a timely manner.
- Participate in required training, and be aware of and demonstrate all Health & Safety requirements.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Applicants with a Developmental Service Worker Diploma are preferred, and experience in the Developmental Services field or comparable post-secondary education in a relevant field is an asset.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, overnight and weekends, as well as on-call.
- Other requirements include: a current criminal record check, valid G Driver’s License, use of a reliable adequately insured vehicle, and a valid First Aid/CPR certificate.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Position starts at $23.25 per hourfor day shift and $17.42 per hour for overnight shift.
- Six week rotating scheduled shifts, under 30 hours per week, no guarantee of weekly average hours. Schedule is subject to change according to program needs.
- Paid multi-day orientation (in-field training).
- Ongoing skills training opportunities; CLKD is a learning organization that evaluates its work, employs best practices and is innovative in its approaches.
- Strong organizational culture; CLKD continually values and recognizes the contributions of staff and volunteers, fosters strong team approaches, and is honest and inviting in its communication practices.
- Supportive Leadership; 24/7 on-call support system in place.
Interested applicants may submit a resume, with attached cover letter to:
Amanda Wencel, Administrative Assistant
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $23.25 /hour