Reports to: General Manager
Manning Park Resort (MPR) seeks a year-round, full-time Maintenance Manager to be accountable for oversight of all property maintenance and facility upkeep as well as to develop and mentor all maintenance personnel. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for administrative duties and is a member of MPR’s Leadership Team.
Our ideal candidate will have previous maintenance and managerial experience ideally based within a hospitality or resort setting. This individual is not afraid to be hands-on when necessary and will possess extensive knowledge of resort infrastructure to confidently troubleshoot a wide range of operational and mechanical issues. This individual will be involved in on-going scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance while contributing to capital investment and repair projects. This is an individual who understands and has experience in developing, leading, motivating and mentoring teams and will contribute to the successful operations of MPR.
· Maintain all facilities and equipment to ensure smooth day to day operations
· Delegate daily, weekly and monthly tasks to Maintenance Team members in an environment of changing priorities
· Perform regular property and facility inspections
· Ensure inventories are maintained to perform necessary maintenance tasks
· Liaise with external contractors to ensure work is performed on budget in a timely and professional manner
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the areas of operational costs, quality, customer service, and Resort assets
· Review, revise and develop preventative maintenance schedules
· Promote MPR’s Health and safety initiatives
· Knowledgeable with building and fire codes
This position can include physical and regular lifting, moving, walking, operating machinery, etc. so being comfortable with a physical role 5-days a week is necessary.
· Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in a management position
· General or well-rounded experience or certification in the following: electrical, plumbing, gas fitting, boilers, mechanics, pool and water treatment systems, construction
· Excellent communication skills: listening, spoken and written
· Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times
· Basic computer and accounting skills
· Experience operating small and larger equipment
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Valid B.C. driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
· IT system knowledge is an asset
· Love the outdoor lifestyle and enjoys both winter and summer activities
Please note, these lists are not exhaustive and the Maintenance Manager will be expected to complete additional duties to ensure the success of both the maintenance and overall resort teams.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent