Walmart Canada is seeking an employment litigation lawyer to join its team in Mississauga. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel - Employment, this is an exciting opportunity to work as a strategic partner with the business on a broad range of challenging employment law, litigation and regulatory matters.
- Advising on a wide range of day-to-day employment issues
- Handling and/or supervising employment litigation and human rights files,
- Handling and/or supervising a range of non-employment related litigation and regulatory matters with the Litigation legal team,
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, and
- Providing support on various strategic human resources projects.
Canada Walmart Division
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of employment litigation experience at a leading law firm dealing with a variety of matters, including employment litigation, employment standards matters, occupational health and safety matters, human rights matters, and other litigation and/or regulatory matters. Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to prioritize competing demands, are essential to the role.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
LL.B/J.D. and member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.