Visions of Independence is currently seeking 2 strong, experienced candidates to manage departments in Portage la Prairie. Candidate must be willing to commute or re-locate. Please apply with a resume and a cover letter.
The facility manager is responsible for the overall operation, service, delivery and leadership of a work location.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must demonstrate commitment to VOI’s values: We are open and respectful, We are transparent, We value people's, strengths abilities and knowledge, We think outside the box, We value peoples experiences and perspectives.
- Minimum 12 months experience at Visions, minimum two years’ experience working with people with disabilities.
- Valid drivers licence and a reliable vehicle
- Clear Criminal Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends
- Ensure the facility is safe, clean and well maintained.
- Maintain an open relationship with all people in the home.
- Recognize and report concerns of abuse or neglect
- Reinforce community expectations, personal hygiene, meal preparation, grocery shopping, laundry and the care of the house and yard.
- Work with Key Workers and Direct Support Professionals to provide quality home care and high quality of life for people supported.
- Authorize expenditures within approved limits.
- Maintains budget guidelines and reports variances accordingly to agency policy.
- Prepare, authorize, and submit bi-weekly payroll
- Ensure that staffing patterns are being followed.
- Ensure overtime is authorized per agency policy.
- Ensure damages and maintenance issues are addressed in the home.
- Ensure monthly and year end reporting is accurate and complete
- Maintain a level of professional conduct and positive relations with supported individuals, staff, board members, funding sources, government officials, professionals, and community members.
- Ensure that residents and staff live and work in a safe environment following all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains competent and effective support team.
- Interpret, applies, and administers provisions of the collective agreement in the workplace.
- Interprets, applies and administers all VOI policies and procedures.
- Represents the employer in grievances and other matters arising from the collective agreement.
- Manages employee performance and conduct, maintains discipline and applies corrective actions in the workplace as required.
- Manages workplace schedules and authorizes hours of work and overtime to meet operational requirements.
- Recommends, advises upon and implements employees and labour relation strategies to meet workplace requirements.
- Responsibilities for hiring and terminating employees as required, in conjunction with HR.
- Provide support in case of crisis.
- Model appropriate interactions with individuals, families and friends and community
- Other Duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time