The Townline Group is a real estate development company primarily focused in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Our development and construction portfolios are diverse and consist of mixed-used multi-family and commercial construction, as well as non-market and purpose-built rental housing. Townline is a well-rounded company with proven teams specialized in the areas of Development, Affordable Housing, Finance, Acquisitions, Construction, Sales, Marketing and Customer Care all housed under one roof. Townline has been building homes since 1981 and believe diversity is the cornerstone to our success and longevity.
Currently our Vancouver Head Office is in search of a friendly and outgoing individual to join their team in the role of Front Desk Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual who is an effective communicator, a creative problem solver and someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to work with one of BC's most respected and proven residential and mixed-use developers.
Townline offers a competitive compensation package, a transportation allowance, a comprehensive health benefits program, a complimentary on-site gym/wellness centre and bike storage. As well, our office is conveniently right on the Canada Line at Marine Gateway.
The Front Desk Coordinator is an integral part of the office administrative team and is the first point of contact for our visitors. The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, be organized and punctual, and able to prioritize a multitude of tasks within a fast-paced work environment.
The Duties of the Front Desk Coordinator may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting visitors with a warm welcome
- Managing the switchboard, directing incoming calls and answering general inquiries
- Managing the general office email account; responding to inquiries or forwarding messages to the appropriate personnel
- Processing incoming/outgoing postage mail, courier services and small packages for outbound shipping
- Overseeing meeting room calendars and assisting with bookings
- Maintaining meeting rooms, staff kitchen and common areas in a clean and orderly manner; processing weekly coffee and fresh fruit orders
- Corresponding with property management to address office-related matters
- Participating as a Floor Warden with Fire & Safety Response Team for the office; maintaining health & safety binder
- Ordering office and stationery supplies, reconciling supply invoices; maintaining copier rooms in an orderly manner
- Assisting with corporate travel arrangements
- Chairing the Social Committee, coordinating the details for staff events and meetings; maintaining staff bulletin boards
- Assisting both Executive Assistant/Office Manager and HR Director with administrative tasks as required
- Provide administrative support for accounting as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Grade twelve (12) education is required with at least two (2) years of work experience as a Front Desk Coordinator /Receptionist or Office Administrator
- Post-secondary education related General Office Administration would be an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside parties
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- The ability to handle a substantial workload, multitask, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- A creative thinker and effective problem solver
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- A self-starter and quick learner who takes direction well and is able to work with minimal supervision
- A positive attitude and a professional image
- Available to work 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
To find out more about us, please check out our website at townline.ca
We thank you in advance for applying; however only those short listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary
- Front Desk: 2 years (Preferred)