With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Leak Detection and Repair Technician (LDAR) in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The Leak Detection and Repair Technician successful candidate is responsible for detecting, locating, evaluating and reporting leaks onsite at client work sites. In addition, this position may be required to perform other equipment inventory, monitoring and verification tasks associated with other emissions compliance requirements existing at customer work sites.
- Degree or certificate in engineering, instrumentation, science or other related discipline required
- Previous leak detection experience or experience working in oil and gas processing, petrochemical facilities, or outdoor industrial environments preferred
- Knowledge of instrumentation and pneumatic is a strong asset.
- Previous work experience in an industrial or plant environment an asset
- Able and willing to work in all different weather conditions and industrial environments
- Must be able to climb in work site areas, multiple flights of stairs and tall ladder to monitor components
- Computer application knowledge is an asset (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good prioritizing, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Conducts Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) inspections using an optical gas imaging camera and quantification equipment;
- Performs visual assessments for evidence of leaking hydrocarbons, and reports equipment with open-ended lines;
- Collects inventory of potentially emitting equipment components
- Maintain the identification system of LDAR components, and identifies and records changes in the LDAR component inventory
- Manage emissions survey results through various emissions databases
- Review and assess potential emissions sources on site and in advance of site visits with piping and instrument diagrams, satellite images, and equipment inventory reports;
- Assure all activities for an assigned LDAR program are completed within a time frame consistent with Vertex policies and procedures, assuring all components are monitored completely and are accurately reported;
- Identifies leaks as prescribed by the applicable governing regulations and completes and attaches a leaking component tag to properly identify the leak source;
- As needed, perform EPA Method 21 hydrocarbon leak detection using a portable gas analyzer and electronic data collector
- Provides field reports daily and communicates clearly with site-specific personnel and project managers
- Communicates with plant personnel as directed.
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety equipment;
- Performs appropriate documentation and administrative procedures as required;
- Communicates and collaborates with field personnel, client representatives and management;
- Maintains awareness of products and services available to customers;
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern;
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to Vertex’s Core Values;
- Assesses leaking component(s) and reports on findings to supervisory personnel.
- This position will be in Sherwood Park, Alberta and will involve some travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
- RRSP Plan
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
When applying please indicate the following information on your application:
Job Requisition: 003 236
Job Title: Leak Detection and Repair Technician (LDAR)
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Job Type: Full-time
- LDAR: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sherwood Park, AB (Required)
- Alberta Driver's (Preferred)