AFIMAC is seeking a Kitchen Helper/Food Prep for an upcoming project in the GTA. This position will require you to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week when assigned to a project.
*Please read the full job posting and apply on Indeed. Calls to our AFIMAC Head Office will result in your application being denied. After reviewing your resume, we will reach out to qualified individuals VIA email to schedule an interview. *
You will earn:
- $22/hr before overtime
- Accommodations provided (when required)
- $30 per day non-taxed meal allowance (when lodging is required)
- Paid travel up to 4 hours
- Able to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Set up and tear down for meals.
- Responsible for the set up and breakdown of buffet tables.
- Serve guests in a pleasant, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain appropriate water and food temperatures.
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Food Handler Certification
- 1-year experience working in a fast-paced catering environment an asset
- Closed-toe & low heel shoes. All shoes must have rubber soles to prevent slips and falls.
AFIMAC is a global risk management and elite security company. For more than 30 years, AFIMAC has helped image-conscious companies and organizations across the globe to plan and execute services that mitigate and eliminate risk. AFIMAC prides itself in the long-term partnerships it establishes with clients to protect people and property in times of crisis and in regular business operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Secondary School (required)
- Food handling: 1 year (preferred)
- drivers license (preferred)
- Safe Food Handling Certificate (required)