Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Strategy and Analytics Lead
Job Number: BCH-R-3975-200319E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
The Strategy and Analytics Lead is responsible for providing leadership, advice, and analytics support to the Director of Business Planning, Risk, and Performance (BPRP) as well as providing services directly to the business on priority engagements. This includes a range functions related to strategy development and planning, including but not limited to facilitation of senior level strategic discussions, and the application of analytics to support the organization with prioritization and trade-off decisions and achievement of results. This will require assembling, coordinating and at times managing resources for specific assignments, as well as producing analytics and reporting to track and continuously improve the value the BPRP team makes to the business.
* Provide leadership in designing and executing strategy development activities across the business, including the facilitation of senior level workshops and engagements.
* Develop analytical approaches that enhance the organization’s ability to set priorities, make trade-off decisions, and track progress toward achieving key outcomes.
* Supervise the production of dashboards and scorecards for select areas of the business (Operations) and the CEO’s office.
* Manage and provide mentorship to the group’s Analyst, and develop a plan to work with this resource to increase the analytical capabilities of the team and the value the team can deliver to the business.
* Keep a pulse on what’s going on in the business, and use this information to proactively identify opportunities to assist the business create greater value.
* Ensure the satisfaction of clients and quality of business solutions produced by the group.
* Effectively lead both a direct and matrixed workforce, while appropriately championing a corporate culture that promotes a commitment to safety, team work and people development.
* Will be viewed as an expert advisor on strategy development and planning and will be sought after to assist with various ad hoc initiatives.
* Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Engineering, Finance and or/ Business Administration or equivalent.
* A minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in progressively more responsible positions.
* An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
* Evidence of relevant and progressive work experience, including strategic planning and strategy formulation, preferably in the utility / energy context.
* Evidence of ability to formulate strategic insights, synthesize available data, and drive to timely and meaningful outcomes in the face of ambiguity.
* Strong facilitation, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Proficient problem-solving, analytical skills, research techniques and critical thinking skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders of all levels.
* Proven leadership and consensus building skills, focused on achievement of measurable outcomes.
* Ability to think creatively and strategically in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and fast moving timelines.
* Ability to form trusting, respectful and effective relationships.
* Proven ability to connect and integrate strategic business objectives and organizational goals into work activities.
* As part of the selection process, applicants may be required to complete a written test/ assessment and/or a presentation as part of the interview process.
* This is a Full-Time Regular (FTR) P4 M&P opportunity with the team and will be posted concurrently.
* This role is based in Vancouver at our Dunsmuir location.
* Please note internally in the system this role is also referred to as a Performance Measurement & Business Insights Lead.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by 2020-04-02.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
Reference ID: BCH-R-3975-200319E1
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent