We are looking for a passionate and energetic locum Orthodontist to join our well-established practice in Thunder Bay, Ontario for a minimum term of six-months, with an opportunity to extend within Thunder Bay, or more broadly within out network of practices across North America.
This opportunity is unique in that we are open to mentoring a recently graduated orthodontist who is looking to be partnered with, and learn from, an experienced doctor for a short period of time, and to individuals who are interested in future career growth, are looking for a path-to-partnership, and have a desire to join our network permanently.
This locum opportunity is also highly flexible, in that you may choose to live full-time in Thunder Bay or reside elsewhere and fly-in and out, working 3-4 days per week (without weekends!).
Smilemakers is part of the Corus Orthodontists family and we are looking to add a Locum Orthodontist to this team. We are a dynamic group of practices across North America with over 750 team members who believe in nurturing empowering the next generation of orthodontists to preserve the specialty and protect the integrity of the patient-doctor relationship.
What you will be doing - key responsibilities:
- Treatment – leading treatment plan and care and delivering an exceptional patient experience for over 2,000 active patients (split between two doctors)
- Generating value – educating patients on the value of orthodontic treatment and converting potential patients into active treatment
- Leadership – bringing out the best in those around you as an inspirational leader and motivator
- Community engagement – active participation in community events, such as volunteer engagements, speaking opportunities and networking
- Contribute – we believe in the value of continuous improvement and are always looking for opportunities to enhance and refine the systems and processes we use
- Collaborate – fostering a collaborative practice environment and partnering with peers across the Corus network
What you will benefit from:
- Competitive day rate, potential housing support, and lucrative sign-on bonus
- Being part of a network of orthodontists with shared values focused on preserving the integrity of the patient-doctor relationship and providing exceptional patient care
- Partnering with and learning from an experienced group of professionals
- A collaborative and inclusive environment
Corus has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and all candidates will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care