Assistant Buyers at Warehouse One work as part of a team to select and procure product that will achieve Warehouse One’s financial goals and provide fashionably casual clothing to our customers. Our Assistant Buyers assist in creating purchase orders, managing product samples, and acting as a liaison with vendors on day to day issues.
Reporting to our Buyer, the successful candidate will;
- Create and process all purchase orders and revisions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Follow up with internal and external partners to ensure the product cycle deadlines are being met
- Follow up with suppliers on any questions related to the purchase order, price tickets, extension requests, and shipping instructions
- Manage all product samples and prepare merchandise for meetings, visual merchandising and photography and, on a weekly basis, displaying top selling product
- Provide our e-commerce and marketing team product descriptions and photo samples to ensure up to date web content
- Prepare requested information and product for photoshoots in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide accurate delivery reports, recommending revisions, cancellations, and advances based on analysis
- Assist in pre-production approvals and fittings, reviewing garment details on all development/fit samples with the Buyer; sending comments to vendors as appropriate
- Attend product fitting sessions and provide relevant insight based on fashion knowledge and customer/store feedback
- Develop familiarity and literacy with the buying and selling of product cycles
- Develop understanding of assigned categories through product knowledge, store visits, and competitor awareness
- Participate during sales, product and merchandise meetings
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Warehouse One’s customers and brand
- Stay knowledgeable of fashion trends and suggests ways to impact current business with their knowledge of current trends
- Support the business through ad-hoc reporting, market research and other miscellaneous projects as needed
Warehouse One is looking for an individual who is;
- Proficient in administrative duties and has familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- A strong communicator who can articulate ideas and vision
- Organized and detail orientated, especially when working under tight deadlines
- Collaborative and able to work as part of a team
- Experienced in related positions or post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- You are fashionably casual and enthusiastic about Warehouse One’s product and image
- You’re able to represent Warehouse One’s WHO WE ARE; Friendly, Caring, Committed, Real
Do you live your life in jeans?
Want to be a part of a team that helps others look and feel good?
Submit your resume and cover letter!
WE ARE JEANS. But we’re also all the amazing items that go perfectly with jeans: casual tees, comfy hoodies, cute tops, wear everywhere jackets, and the best in jewellery and accessories to complete your look. Our mission is to offer our customers affordable, comfortable, on-trend styles in a wide range of sizes: men's and ladies' tops are available in XS-3XL, ladies’ jeans in sizes 24-36 and 14+-22+, and men's jeans in sizes 28-42. With over 120 stores across Canada, we help our customers from coast to coast look and feel good.
DO YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE IN JEANS? Love helping others look and feel good too? We’re proud to offer a generous employee discount to all employees, as well as to spouses and dependent children. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health, dental, and vision care, life insurance, and disability coverage, as well as an Employee Assistance Program to full time/salaried team members. We also believe in helping all employees take the next step in their career, so we’ll give you the support & resources you need to do your best work and expand your skills in the workplace. A career with Warehouse One just might be the perfect fit for you!
For more information visit www.warehouseone.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time