Mid Sun OOSC is a licensed out of school care program that runs September to June. Our Kindergarten program consists of 20 children and 3 full-time staff. We are looking for a dedicated, reliable, caring, and patient individual with a minimum of a Child Care Assistant certificate to fill our support facilitator position, starting in September Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide support to Kindergarten Manager & Kindergarten Primary Facilitator.
- Interact with children in a positive and caring manner
- Ensure a safe environment with close supervision for the children indoors, outdoors, and on field trips. Follow the children by moving in with them at close vantage points during at all play spaces.
- Administer first-aid and medication when necessary.
- Comply with the Kindergarten schedule, policies, and procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Ensure consistent safety of children including escorts to and from school and on off-site activities. Contact parent if a child is absent at pick-up but not advised of absence.
- Ensure head counts are performed regularly; particularly during play space transitions
- Child Care Certification as a Child Development Assistant, Worker or Supervisor
- Current First Aid /CPR certification
- Criminal History Check including vulnerable sector check within 6 months
$15.00/ hour + Accreditation Wage Top Up according to Certification Level
We ask that only applicants the meet the above requirements apply for the position.
We would like to thank all applicant for their interest in the position however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time