Do you bring passion to what you do, possess a can do spirit, and exude the drive to do things right the first time to deliver high quality service?
If so, then Relay Logistics is the place for you! We are looking for world-class people like you!
Requires successful incumbent to coordinate and supervise the daily and weekly activities that occur within assigned area of the location/operation; provides leadership, motivation, training, and development of workforce; executes against customer/site requirements; participates in continuous improvement activities as part of the site management team and ensures company policies are followed and site develops positive work culture
Operations Supervisor Schedule: Monday to Friday - 0730 to 1600 hours
Associate Interaction (70% time)– Example activities include Partner Development, one on one coaching, walking throughout work area during assigned shift, conflict resolution among associates, associate group meetings and training. Specifically:
- Direct the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates.
- Deliver associate orientation, training, performance reviews, and/or development and coaching conversations as appropriate
- Participate in the management of turnover among hourly staff consistent with the site turnover objectives.
- Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely inspected and maintained.
First Choice / Process Improvement
- Organize and lead the focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that first stresses effectiveness by improving processes and secondly stresses the efficiency of associate work.
- Collaborate with the regional sites to share in safety, labor sharing, and best practice initiatives.
- Participate in the completion of workshop action plans, projects and best practice sharing/implementation.
- Plan, manage, and adjust the daily workload and staffing to minimize the unplanned overtime.
- Ensure shift/daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e., staffing, equipment, space).Order and maintain general office supplies and maintain office equipment and facilities: fax
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced (i.e., safety, accounting, operational, regulatory, and administrative).
- Maximizes quality and productivity by understanding job standards for each function, and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action.Communications
- Effectively communicate work task Standard Operating Procedures, convey key information during pre-shift meetings and ensure appropriate shift hand-offs.
- Provide a professional environment with relation to external customers and vendors such as drivers, dispatchers, and customer representatives.
- Execute daily customer / vendor contract requirements and identify accessorial activity (work outside commercial contracts) and ensure necessary documentation.
- Ensure inventory integrity by timely and accurate receiving, picking, shipping, and inventory management.
- Participate in the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer, vendor, and site requirements.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Required: Strong operational understanding of Supply Chain Management through post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Required: Completion of post-secondary education through a recognized Canadian University (Canadian University recognized equivalency assessment may be accepted)
- Required: Minimum of 8 years of experience supervising a team in a logistics/warehousing or manufacturing setting
- Required: Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a distribution/warehouse setting
- Required: Ability to train and motivate team to create long-term committed employees
- Preferred: Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Implementation of 5S or other related methodologies
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot effectively and thrive under pressure
Here’s what’s in it for you
- A great, family-like environment
- A clean and organized, state-of-the art facility with the following bonus features
- Prayer/meditation room
- A quiet room
- Free coffee/tea/filtered water
- A dedicated training/development room
- Medical, dental, and optical health coverage
- Retirement/Pension Savings Program with employer match options
- Tuition and continuous learning reimbursement
- Wellness weeks, diversity days, and other celebrations
- Physical and mental health allowance
…and so much more!
We would love for you to join our World class team we pride ourselves in being An Essential Part of Everyday Life!
Vacancies -SUP.Operations Supervisor IRC330558
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $68,000.00 /year
- managing a warehouse/logistics or manufacturing team: 8 years (Required)
- working in warehousing or distribution: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)