Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a specialized global consulting firm whose professionals serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity, and clear-cut analysis and advice. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of technical, scientific, financial, and technology advisory services that enable clients across the spectrum of industries to navigate complex, contentious, and often catastrophic situations with precise analysis, reliable insights, and confidence. With over 100 locations worldwide we are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
We are seeking a Restoration Estimator / Consultant to join our Building Consulting team in our Newfoundland, St. John's office. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial, highly driven person with a well-rounded skill set, whose responsibilities extend beyond those of traditional project managers and estimators. The ideal person for this role will need to not only have a strong grasp of property damage evaluation but also be flexible and a strategic thinker, able to take on a variety of tasks.
Our building consulting team participates in projects of all sizes and scopes spanning from residential and middle-market commercial to the most complex economic, industrial, and infrastructure matters.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses a minimum of 5-10+ years of estimating experience and work experience in the restoration, insurance, and remediation field, with responsibilities for estimating large commercial complex losses. Large loss Insurance Adjusters with strong experience in the construction industry can also be a great fit. Estimators with experience in reconstruction projects, roofing, or equivalent fields are welcome to apply. Candidates with appraisal, mitigation, cost analysis, and disaster recovery are also welcomed to apply.
The most successful experts in our organization have a strong desire to understand and learn the methodology for negotiating and settling files in a timely manner. They constantly apply strong analytical and writing skills to produce expert reports to support our clients in making important high-value decisions.
- Interfaces with clients and project representatives - adjusters, brokers, insureds, etc.
- Schedules and perform field inspections and necessary site visits to evaluate the scope of work/damage.
- Estimates medium to large commercial and residential projects using Industry Software.
- Documents, reviews, and analyzes; schedules, contracts, change orders, correspondence, daily reports, meeting minutes, monthly reports, and any additional documents related to the project/file.
- Provide technical direction to other consultants, interacting and supporting their files.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to help develop new business opportunities and continue to nurture and strengthen existing client relationships.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college or university; or 10 years of demonstrable experience and accomplishments in the construction or restoration industry.
- Relevant experience in the restoration and/or restoration contracting field specializing in working with insurance companies, with responsibilities related to scheduling, project management, and estimating.
- Proficiency in working with Xactimate, Symbility, RS Means, or other estimating software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word with strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce high-quality expert reports.
- Valid driver’s
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Able to meet deadlines while being detail oriented.
- Strong independent work ethic and leadership skills and qualities.
- Exceptional customer service skills to support and solve our client’s questions and requests.
- IICRC related training, credentials, or certifications.
- RRO, PMP, and other certifications.
Physical and Mental Job Qualifications
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Must be able to write reports of findings after inspections 50% of day-to-day.
- May be exposed to UV radiation from the sun, radon, or other forms of air pollution.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time – locally, out-of-province, and for CAT response if needed.
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience. We embrace diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity, and objective, clear-cut analysis, and advice.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com.
EEO and Job Accommodations
We embrace diversity and our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
J.S. Held is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request for a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] and include “Applicant Accommodation” within the subject line with your request and contact information.