The Planner Buyer will coordinate the sourcing activities of raw materials and production supplies under his/her responsibility in accordance with production needs, while respecting company standards, policies and values. In addition, he/she will coordinate the planning of production product lines under his/her responsibility according to customer orders and production planning, while maintaining appropriate inventory levels of finished products.
Planning and Inventory Control
- Create production plans in accordance with production needs and plant capacity while maintaining updates to the system
- Conduct regular analysis of inventory stocks to avoid out of stock items and minimize inventory write-offs
- Review the available production capacity and make the necessary adjustments to the production plan
- Calculate optimal safety stock levels and re-order points to meet the needs of sales and maximize inventory turns
- Manage exceptional cases (urgent orders, out of stock...)
- Maintain daily contact with the Customer Service and the Production Supervisor to ensure that delivery dates are respected;
- Manage the introduction of new products with various internal clients (Production, R & D, Marketing)
- Planning and inventory management of raw materials based on ABC classification
- Placing purchase orders to meet production requirements
- Monitor On-Time delivery with suppliers and carriers
- Maintain relationships with suppliers
- Review parameters in the ERP system to optimize its use
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Other related tasks
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Comprehensive experience with an ERP system and production management is a requirement
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must possess ability to think ahead, be methodical and critically analyse data based on multiple variables.
- Must be organized and orderly to maintain complete and accurate records, detail oriented.
- Must be flexible to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and a variable workload.
- Professionalism, diplomacy, reliability, ability to work with others to provide quality support to internal and external clients.
- Can-do attitude; positive and cheerful disposition.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence skills– ability to recognize and manage your emotions, and the emotions of other people, both individually and in groups.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and RSSP benefits after 3 months of continuous service.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)