TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team
The Global Public Policy & Government Affairs team’s work spans across a broad and diverse range of functions and workstreams, including government affairs and government relations; policy and issue area expertise; risk and crisis management and mitigation; outreach, coalitions, and partnerships; and philanthropy. The mission of the Global Public Policy & Government Affairs team is to prevent, manage, and mitigate political, legislative, and regulatory threats to TikTok and to promote a political, legislative, and regulatory environment that supports growth and innovation for our business.
This role is based in Toronto, reporting to the Director of Public Policy and Government Affairs for Canada.
- Promote a political, legislative, and regulatory environment in Canada conducive to the success of TikTok, content creators, and our Canadian user community.
- Build and maintain policymaker and external stakeholder relationships.
- Develop and implement engagement and advocacy strategies.
- Undertake research and reporting, and develop policy positions on domestic issues.
- Provide strategic advice to cross functional teams and leadership.
- Represent TikTok on coalitions and industry associations, as well as at events, meetings, and conferences.
- Full written and verbal fluency in both French and English, with the ability to present in either language.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Canadian public policy issues related to the internet, including digital and cultural policy, broadcasting, online safety, privacy, cybersecurity, and copyright.
- 5+ years experience working for/with relevant government, civil society, or industry groups, with an established contact network within those sectors.
- Experience working with Quebec-based stakeholders.
- Experience drafting policy submissions or briefings, and the ability to distill complex regulatory and legislative issues for wide-ranging audiences.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Highly self-driven -- capable of working independently, and self-identifying and prioritizing projects across multiple files while meeting tight deadlines.
- MA, JD/LL.B, or other graduate-level degree in a relevant field.
- A passion for TikTok, the creator economy, and internet culture.
- International or multilateral experience, particularly on digital or cultural policy issues.
- Experience working in federal or provincial government.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]