ETG Commodities Inc. is looking for an Packaging Machine Operator to join our team. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and within a team environment, demonstrates sound decision-making aptitude and will also be responsible for:
- Prepare, start and observe operation of different machines like fine cleaner, bagger, X-Ray and secondary packaging
- Stop machine and report malfunctions to supervisor. Ensure safety of line workers at all times.
- Changing screens, cones, cups and other equipment as per product needs
- Make minor adjustments such as setting guides, gauges or clearing away damaged product packages.
- Feed product to hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unload packaged product.
- Run package materials and labels/film through machines.
- Report all quality and food safety related issues immediately to the supervisor for corrections and corrective actions
- Replenish packaging supplies such as film, boxes, cartons, tape, glue, ink, or labels
- Inspect filled packages to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications
- Oversee the palletizing of finished product boxes
- Maintain shift logs of production information and other data.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area according to company’s GMP’s, sanitation procedures and frequency.
- Oversee work of General Labourers to ensure production requirements are being met.
- Follow HACCP Procedures. Complete all forms and records as set out by HACCP – ETG Commodities Inc
- Comply with company health and safety policies and practices including the wearing of PPE, Lockout Procedures, GHS etc.
- Report safety hazards, equipment and QA issues immediately to Supervisor.
- Other duties, responsibilities and assignments as required by the Supervisor or management
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or post-secondary diploma
- Three to Four years related experience as a machine operator specially in packaging line
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Forklift licence is an asset
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more physical activities simultaneously
- Walking, lifting, climbing stairs, and lifting weighs up to 55 lb
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Machine Operation: 3 years (Required)