Come join our team as we transition into our new space!
Please apply only if you have at least 1 full year experience in a kitchen, food truck, or sandwich line
- Making sandwiches on our fantastic bagels quickly and accurately
- Prep work for kitchen and sandwich line
- Learning to make breakfasts quickly
- Making catering platters
- Driver's license a plus.
- Has clear understanding and proficiency of using the tools within a kitchen.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work space
- Practices good personal hygiene
- Timely and accurately completes prep list including stocking, rotating and clean-up
- Knows how to work the flat top (includes maintaining correct temperature and cleanliness), frying items to standards in proper order
- Knows how to work a deep-fryer, convection oven, and other kitchen tools.
- Maintains station cleanliness and sanitation (includes cutting boards, floor, trash, and cooking areas)
- Assists co-workers with anything that is necessary or requested
- Asks questions whenever necessary
- Asks for help whenever necessary
Successful candidates have the following characteristics
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Works very effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Recognizes when help is needed and is willing to ask for it
- Makes food to quality and portion spec
- Can work with a sense of urgency
- Arrives to work on time
- Is fun to work with
- Feels passionate about cooking and giving great service to customers and team members
- Enjoys working under a time crunch
- Takes pride in being consistent
- Loves to learn and takes direction with a smile
- Enjoys a challenge and creating something new
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- 1321 Wellington Street West, Ottawa (Required)