Are you looking for new challenges, a great team and an opportunity for growth? Muraflex is expanding its team and is looking for a collaborative, dynamic and motivated individual to join their team!
Muraflex is a North American demountable partitions manufacture. Based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, they provide a customizable wall solution whose design aims for the improvement of the work environment, a concept popularized in Europe.
Under the responsibility of the Human Resources Director, the candidate will coordinate the process of payroll and human resources administration tasks. The person will perform independently in a rapidly changing environment, and to establish priorities for the work to be performed, in a stimulating environment and offering competitive conditions.
- Processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Answering payroll questions from employees in a timely manner,
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Ensure that employee payroll processing is in compliance with federal and provincial laws.
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for correctness before payroll transactions.
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain payroll system up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain employee payroll records and timesheet data for future references.
- Set-up payroll arrangements for new hires and terminate ex-employee profiles.
- Maintaining current employees records and database: vacations, overtime, sick leave hours, employee’s personal information, work permit, etc
- Maintain employees training hours;
- Prepare and maintain monthly overtime report, hours & cost, turnover report;
- Write confirmation letter, Reference letter, recommendation letter;
- Onboarding administration of new hires into Payroll system Nethris;
- Conducting benefits enrolment process;
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Minimum of 3 years payroll experience for salaried and hourly employees;
- Good knowledge of Payroll systems;
- Be a member of Canadian Payroll Association, Canadian Payroll Association designation required (PCP) and have your Payroll Certificate – asset;
- Thorough knowledge of government regulations as they relate to payroll;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office software, particularly Excel;
- Experience in all year end processing activities;
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner;**
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Must be articulate and possess good interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual, French and English;
- Ability to multitask, respond to ad hoc questions and interruptions while meeting deadlines;
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach to work processes, problem resolution and continuous process improvement;
- Ability to work under pressure.
What we offer
- Health Benefits
- 20% discount on your monthly STM OPUS
- Group RRSP
- Sick / personal days
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Payroll: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Required)