The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for regional/national sales activities, driving sales revenue,
managing customer and vendor relations, and related sales performance in their region. The RSM will monitor sales
in relation to financial goals, prepare and deliver sales materials, and organize and/or attend exhibits and other
promotions. The RSM is also responsible for forming strategic selling and large account plans within the corporate
- Serve as a single-point-of-contact for key accounts; administer all services for client, such as testing,
implementation of sales programs, training, and ongoing support as needed.
- Manage and grow major account activity to generate profitable sales and positive customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customer contacts, up to and including senior level executives, in order to define needs and
- Identify and target new business sales opportunities.
- Promote and maintain the organization’s brand image and identity within the marketplace.
- Develop sales goals for territory or area; manage all aspects of strategic sales initiatives for these regions.
- Ensure effective response to sales leads, i.e. forwarding literature, plant tours, provide quotations and ensure
- Provide input and assist in development of presentations and other marketing collateral.
- Create and conduct in-depth sales presentations that highlight key benefits, ROI, and value the company’s
- Identify and resolve risks associated with the delivery and/or provision of customer contracts; manage client
expectations throughout the contract.
- Ensure cohesive external customer liaison to ensure contractual obligations are met and problems are
escalated internally as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring data is being regularly collected, analysed and presented regarding sales department
continuous improvement performance, e. g. quote cycle time, quote activity levels, closure rate and new
business sales development.
- Monitor project daily tasks to ensure timely delivery of product to the customer.
- Act as a liaison between customer purchasing functions and ISSR Team as required.
- In conjunction with purchasing and materials management ensure that customer program requirements and
relevant approvals are in place.
- Facilitate meetings between the various manufacturing and administrative functions within the company to
ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Participate in negotiating and closing sales contract terms and conditions.
- Act as primary contact with customer technical and program management personnel on administration of the
- By targeted segment, assist in the development of lists of potential new customers and prepare Prospect
- Assist in Target Market Segment research and Prospect Profiles.
- Make ongoing prospect and customer calls and visits, i.e. Architect, Engineer, GC, End User, visits for business
- Attend trade shows.
- Ensure the customer is kept informed with respect to quote and delivery activity, manufacturing and quality
- Obtain customer delivery requirements and forward information to the customer service team; obtain delivery
promises, status reports etc. and transmit these back to the customer as required.
- Attend work planning and execution meetings as may be required.
- Participate in continuous improvement team activities.
- Track key performance indicators as required.
- Analyse and monitor product margins and summarize findings for presentation to senior management.
- Assist the VP Sales, and National VP, Sales & Marketing as required.
- May assist in the training of new employees in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area using the 5s + 1 principles
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company
Competencies and Qualifications
- Post secondary education in Architectural Technology and/or Building Sciences or equivalent experience is
- Minimum 2 years management experience or 5 or more years of direct-selling and account management
experience in a construction products manufacturing environment.
- The successful candidate must have a (Certified Technical Representative) designation through Construction
Specifications Canada or he/she agrees to achieve this designation within the first 3 years of employment.
- Experience in closing major enterprise transactions.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, other
- Able to effectively communicate key information to all audiences.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Skilled at assessing client needs, developing proposals, and delivering solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness.
- Excellent speaking skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Ability to write clear and concise value proposition statements.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations (ie Power Point).
- Ability to coordinate, organize and present product demonstrations and other events.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel within the region is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Maybe exposed to outside conditions which include inclement weather, heat and humidity, load noise levels
and exposure to dust.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
If you MEET the above requirements and are interested in applying for this position, submit your resume along with
your salary expectations to email@example.com SPECIFYING the title in the subject line. Alumicor is an
equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest,
however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and
work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any
accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received
relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.