Job title :
Financial Services at the Community Health & Services Centre in Kelowna, BC is looking for a Casua Accounting Assistant to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- Your High School Diploma
- Proof of Completion of 2 year’s of the CMA or CGA Program;
- Your Resume indicating four years’ recent related experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs accounting duties such as financial statement preparation and complex reconciliations of various general ledger accounts such as:
Hours of work:
- Prepares reporting such as WCB annual report, T4 reconciliations, pension monthly and annual reporting, HSCIS, Financial information act and others as required;
- Prepares analysis of payroll information by reviewing, extracting and interpreting information and designs spreadsheets or graphs as required, using appropriate software;
- Prepares complex reconciliations of the general ledger;
- Prepares documentation such as period end and year-end working papers using appropriate software;
- Prepares payroll remittances each pay period or period as appropriate. Prepares journal entries as required;
- Recommends changes to accounting procedures such as method of recording prepayments and accruals and implements as approved.
Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:00 hours
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Completion of two years of the CMA or CGA program,
- 4 year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to supervise
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.”