Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Services, the Employee Services Assistant is responsible for providing front desk reception real time support to the HR Department, Niagara Regional Employees, Employee Services (ES) and general public, assisting with execution of processes that service our customers, responding to customer inquiries and supporting activities for ES Operations.
- Grade 12
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration and/or Human Resources preferred.
- Training with Lean methodologies preferred.
- 1 year experience working in a Human Resources office with computer-based systems.
- 3 years experience within a 1000+ staff, multi-unionized environment in Human Resources preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable privacy legislation (MFIPPA).
- Working toward Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act.
Provides front-line, real time payroll and Human Resources support, responding to inquiries on all concerns of the HR functions.
- Achieves first call resolution by delivering complete and accurate information at first point of contact.
- Ensures accurate and timely resolution of inquiries in accordance with the prescribed service levels.
- Identifies issues having impact/service implications and proactively escalates for action and suggested resolution to the ES Manager or Team Leads.
- Initiates workflows for ES Operations and other HR teams, creating Incident Monitor tickets and adhering to proper procedures and protocols.
- Provides superior customer service and support to clients through myHR, phone, in person and mail channels.
Provides administrative support to the activities for ES Operations.
- Processes employee data changes such as name, address, and direct deposits in PeopleSoft and with Benefit Carrier.
- Creates and distributes photo ID Badges.
- Prints, sorts, folds and distributes pay advices.
- Schedules Health Reviews.
Audits and updates employee dockets by removing terminated dockets and filing them in records management system CRMS, ensuring their integrity, accuracy and safety.
- Coordinates and conducts employee docket reviews.
Identifies and recommends to ES Management process improvement opportunities.
- Supports policy and process change and enhancements,
- Provides support to ad-hoc projects and initiatives as required.
- Forges strong relationships across the organization.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.