Job Number: 80409
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 18.75
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.5584 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.0799
Post Date: Feb 11, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Feb 18, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Peri-operative Services at all Hamilton Health Sciences sites provides pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care for both adults and children. The Hamilton General supports community hospital services and specializes in Cardiac, Vascular, Neurosurgery and Adult Burns and Trauma.
As a member of the healthcare team, supports patient care through equipment and supply management, maintenance of a clean, safe environment and participation in selected patient care activities. The HCA provides unit support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care. Functions according to the job description for Technical Healthcare Aides in the Operating Room.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, weekends, nights, holidays, on-call as required
1. Grade 12 high school graduate diploma or equivalent
2. Current Certificate in CPR/BCLS
3. Completed CSAO Techniques course
4. Minimum 2 years technical experience in a similar role (the handling and care of delicate equipment) within a healthcare environment
5. Demonstrated experience maintaining and stocking materials and supplies (sterile/unsterile)
6. Knowledge and skill in using computers (Microsoft Office)
7. Working knowledge of Universal Precautions and WHMIS
8. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills
9. Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
10. Ability to read and write English proficiently
11. Ability to accept assigned or delegated functions, set priorities and organize work accordingly
12. Ability to lift using appropriate lifting techniques and bend, push and pull using good body techniques
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement