ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®.
We are currently seeking Food Production Workers for our team in Burnaby, BC. You must be available for shift work Monday through Sunday. You must have reliable transportation since public transport doesn't run for certain start/end shift times.
POSITION: Catcher (Production Worker)
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor and/or designate.
LOCATION: Burnaby, BC
Perform duties on a production assembly line for baked goods. Carry out repetitive product processing specifications in accordance with instructions provided by Team Leaders and Production Operators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Move racks with product and baking pans.
· Move skids with a pallet jack (non electrical).
· Adhere to product processing specifications while working on a variety of production lines.
· Work in accordance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and WCB regulations.
· Follow and take instruction from Team Leaders and Production Operators.
· Ensure proper, safe and efficient performance of duties.
· Cross-train in a variety of functions with other processing lines.
· Observe and maintain product quality and food safety standards.
· Train new Catchers
· Maintain cleanliness of the Bakery and your work area.
· Other duties as required.
· Able to speak, read and write basic English required.
· Possess basic math skills.
· Adhere to the Collective Agreement.
· Must be able to understand the scheduling process which is based on a number of criteria.
· Able to problem solve.
· Maintain high quality production standards; keep up to line speeds and production standards.
· Awareness of product specifications an asset (i.e. weight, temperature, color, code date system etc.)
· Able to work in a variety of work environment temperatures: heat from ovens and cold from freezers.
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
· Must be able to do repetitive, intensive labour and physically demanding work: lifting, bending.
· Ability and willingness to work all shifts through job rotation.
· Must have reasonable means of transportation to accommodate location and shift requirements
To complete an application, visit our careers page at ARYZTAcareers.com
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
Job Type: Full-time