Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing overall mechanical and electrical support to the production group in the areas of processing, packaging, and facilities to ensure continuous operations.
- Diagnose mechanical problems, provide quick & innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills
- Modify, repair, install, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot various types of machinery, equipment and facilities in the principles of mechanics, fitting, plumbing, basic welding, metal fabrication, machining, troubleshooting, and analytical problem solving
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on all production equipment and support equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, SOP’s and work orders
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Promptly respond to equipment related issues with a customer oriented manner
- Efficiently assist with changeovers and verify on required equipment
- Provide a strong presence on the production floor, monitoring all equipment for safety, quality risks and employees.
Skill Requirements and Experience
- Minimum 10 years relative mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with lots of change
- Strong team player with excellent problem solving skills
Ice River Springs Water Company Head Office Located at 485387 30th Sideroad Shelburne, ON L9V 3N5
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00 /hour