Position Summary :
The Senior Gas Process Engineer performs process simulations and design and sizing and selection of equipment for oil and gas processing facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Ensure process engineering is done with accuracy and to high standards with compliance to applicable codes and regulations.
- P.Eng. stamping of relevant designs and drawings (if required).
- Coordinate with other process engineers and project team members as well as the project managers to ensure the execution of design work is done in accordance with project scope and schedule.
- Complete project assignments within project budgeted hours.
- Support procurement activities as required for the scope of the equipment.
- Assist with development of TDE corporate standards, procedures and tools related to process engineering.
- Mentor other process engineers as necessary.
- Ensure safety is a primary concern in all design work done.
- Simulation of process designs
- Prepare conceptual & FEED studies
- Support process safety studies (HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, LOPA, etc.)
- Generation of PFD, heat and material balance and P&IDs
- PSV and flare network sizing
- Equipment design, sizing, selection & datasheets (vessels, towers, exchangers, etc).
- Support procurement of sub vendor equipment (pumps, air coolers, compressors, trays & internals, etc.), process sizing details, issuing of RFQ’s, quote comparison, vendor selection.
- Preparation of process information for instrumentation design and selection
- Generate line sizing & line list
- Attend 3D model review sessions
- Prepare operating manuals, shutdown keys and alarm and set point lists
- Review of client specifications, applicable codes and regulations
- Review and approval of fabrications drawings.
- Review other process engineer’s designs and equipment sizing.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to ensure proper design of all equipment.
- Shop walk down & PID review of assembled process packages
- Attend client communications and meetings.
- Trouble shooting existing plants.
- Minimum 7+ years experience in Process Engineering with a gas processing focus (gas dehydration,sweetening, NGL recovery, fractionation, stabilization, sulfur recovery, acid gas injection, etc).
- Proficient knowledge of industry best practices.
- Good understanding of financial metrics.
- Proven ability to produce high quality work while facing competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize activities and stay focused in a dynamic ever changing environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop departmental “Key Performance Indicators”.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (emphasis on Word & Excel), Lotus Notes and other engineering and simulation software.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of oil & gas processes, equipment and requirements (TEG & Molecular Sieve Dehydration, Mechanical Refrigeration, Gas Sweetening, Liquids Fractionation, Turboexpander, NGL Recovery, NGL Storage & Offloading Sulfur Recovery, Utility Systems).
- Knowledge of process simulations, equipment sizing (separators, heat exchangers) and P&ID development for front end design and detailed engineering.
- Good working knowledge of HYSYS, Flarenet, Promax, Aspen Exchanger Design & HTRI
- Enthusiastic, ability to work within teams or independently, and desire to learn and develop technical knowledge base
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – must be able to interact successfully with all levels of staff, from Managers to Senior Executives, with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Adaptability and the ability to handle ambiguity.
- Sc. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent technology degree
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Process Engineering with a gas processing focus.
- Eng designation through APEGGA is an asset
TDE offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package as well as a positive work environment with opportunities for growth. If you are interested in this opportunity and feel your skills and experience will add value at TDE, please apply directly with your resume.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- gas process : 7 years (Required)