With decades of experience beginning in 1970, Whissell Contracting is among the most respected contracting companies in the Calgary construction industry.
We are seeking an ambitious, creative and detailed Earthworks Estimator to join our team and work collaboratively with a team of like-minded individuals.
As an Earthworks Estimator you will use your in-depth knowledge and experience to produce cost estimates, evaluate bid specifications & drawings to successfully bid and win tenders.
- Estimate civil earthworks projects
- Evaluate multiple sub-trade execution, strategies, and estimates
- Be accountable for sub-trade strategies and estimates
- Accountable for entire proposal package submission
- Accountability for overall construction plan, including schedule, concept, budget, procurement and risk assessment
- Prepares and maintains the status of plan reproduction
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Produce bid package for Project Manager and Superintendent including labor and equipment budgets, material suppliers, subcontractors, tender specifications and contracts
- Accountability to update database and costing system with project data to ensure cost is current
- Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimates
- Conduct tender review meeting to review scope, productions, construction approach, competitive landscape, schedule and set mark up
- Submit Tenders forms
Skills & Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of bulk earthworks operations focusing on Scrapers
- Demonstrated knowledge of RFQ process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and attention to detail
- The ability to make timely decisions under pressure
- P.Eng., CET or minimum of 5 years related industry experience or combination
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and cost reports
- Thorough understanding of construction process, environmental regulations, and safety practices
- Previous experience using B2W estimating software an asset
What We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program
- Excellent employer-paid Health and Dental benefit plan
- RSP matching program
- Competitive Paid Time Off program
- Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Family-owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak construction months.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through indeed on our website whissell.ca
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Company pension
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Parental leave
- Education reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- P.Eng or CET: 3 years (Preferred)
- Earthworks Estimating: 2 years (Required)
- related industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)