See if you are our next:
SURGICAL / MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Working in a LASIK MD clinic (a partner of Vision Group) is so much more than helping improve people's eyesight. It is having the feeling of a mission accomplished and a job well done. It is seeing happiness in the eyes of patients and realizing that you have changed the way they see life. All of this can be achieved while having the opportunity to build a stable and rewarding career that meets your full potential.
A look at your benefits
- You receive a quartely bonus.
- You have a permanent full-time position (35-40h/week).
- You benefit from a free LASIK surgery, 3 weeks of vacation, 3 sick days, 1 floater & 1 wellness day.
- You benefit from group insurance, telemedicine & RRSP match.
- You can count yourself as a team member of one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Your tasks at a glance
- You sterilize instruments and arrange tools as needed.
- You coordinate the flow of patients in and out of the operating room (LASIK & intraocular procedures).
- You clearly explain to patients the schedule of postoperative medications (eye drops).
- You will reassure patients before and after their procedure and ensure that they feel comfortable by being empathetic.
- You will be cross-trained for other positions within the clinic, such as Surgical Counselor and Clinical Assistant (customer service roles).
A clear view of your assets
- You have excellent communication skills, you speak English et français aussi.
- You are meticulous, precise, rigorous, patient and focused, no detail can escape you.
- Your experience in the health care field is considered an asset (ex: optometry assistant, orderly, nurse, dental assistant, pharmacy lab technician, sterilization assistant, animal health technician assistant, etc.).
- You have a facility with computer tools and technology.
- You have the ability to relate to others and quickly establish a climate of trust.
- Work schedule: Typically, Tuesday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, as well as 2-3 Mondays/month and 1 Saturday AM/month. Also, you must be available to start as early as 7:15am until 5pm-6pm on surgery days.
From our point of view
Whatever your profile, we are above all looking for someone beyond the resume, since you can benefit from our in-house training. Inclusion being one of our concerns, we invite you to apply, regardless of your gender, ethnicity or condition. Only your motivation and your desire to learn are part of our selection criteria.