Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating custom Shopify themes and functionality based on designs provided by designers
- Tailoring user experience and providing feedback to designers
- Production, modification, and maintenance of websites and web application user interfaces
- Advise on user interface best practices to meet performance and client requirements
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Implementing responsive design for all websites
- Testing the site during development for usability and fixing any bugs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Mentoring internal development team
Experience, Technical Skills and Key Competencies
- 2+ years of Front-End Web Development experience
- Strong understanding of CSS and its cross-browser quirks, a keen eye for details and an ability to write scalable and maintainable CSS
- Git experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator and/or Sketch, and prototyping tools including Invision
- Experience building Shopify templates and using Shopify Liquid a plus!
- A background in Ruby on Rails OR Node.js is a plus!
- Experience in working collaboratively with wireframes and technical specifications for interactive websites
- A preference for working in a creative team environment, complemented by an ability to self-manage for deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to adapt and to solve problems proactively and creatively
Who We Are
SOVI Creative is a leading Digital Ecommerce Agency + Shopify Plus Partner. We work with our industry leading clients as a one-stop destination for cohesive strategy, digital design, development, and growth marketing. We have a worldwide client base spanning multiple industries and are known for our high quality and innovative work.
- Competitive benefits
- Frequent company recreational outings
- Flexible start and end times as well as remote availability.
- Opportunity to grow your career in a thriving market.
- Relaxed yet professional environment
*Please provide a link to your portfolio showcasing your work within your resume.*
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Shopify Liquid Coding: 3 years (Required)