Position: Journeyperson Plumber and Gas Fitter
Permanent/full time – hourly, as required
Start date: ASAP
Salary: ICI Construction standards, paid out bi-weekly
Our Journeyperson Plumber and Gas Fitter will report to the Mechanical Services Manager. Work will include commercial renovations, new construction, and service work. Responsibilities will also include teaching and training any apprentices on sites, managing small crews, completing daily and weekly paperwork, and representing the company to customers.
- Install, assemble, repair, program, and/or remove plumbing, heating, and cooling equipment: boilers, pipes, fittings, pumps, water lines, hot water tanks, fixtures, make-up air units, furnaces, drainage systems, etc.
- ensure installations and work is of highest quality and customer satisfaction is met
- Create as-built drawings
- Pull water lines, fire caulking, thread pipe, solder, trench
- Teach, train, and task apprentices on site – ensure they are productive, work is done correctly
- Complete weekly/daily paperwork including but not limited to: timesheets, worksheets, vehicle inspections, shop inspections, hazard assessments, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to all MG customers, including keeping the customers and the office informed on the progress of work and handling any issues that arise
- Lead small crews, manage tasks and schedules, monitor quality of work, and ensure safety
- Maintain all equipment to a high standard of cleanliness and working order
- Safety oriented: lead by example while applying MG’s safety policies and procedures
- Participate in training and events as required
Requirements for the position:
- Must be a Red Seal Certified Licensed Journeyperson Plumber with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial plumbing as a Journeyperson
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Experienced in reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and specifications and creating as-builts.
- Experience with equipment installation
- Experience and confidence in instructing, training, and supervising apprentices
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check (clean) and Child Abuse Registry Check, digital fingerprinting required
- Must be legally able to work in Manitoba and a permanent Canadian resident
- physically able to stand, sit, bend, squat, crouch, for long periods of time, and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, must be able to lift and move 50lbs
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong focus on safety
- A strong team player who can work unsupervised and utilizes time effectively
- Has strong computer literacy and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word) and comfortable using a smart phone and apps.
- fluent and strong verbal and written English communication and comprehension skills
- adapt quickly to changing situations with a positive attitude
- Licensed in backflow testing
- Experience in pipe-fitting and boiler installation
- Experience working on multi-dwelling residential work
- Experienced responding to service calls and creating detailed service reports
- Experience working for a COR Safety Certified company
To Join the MG Team:
- be reliable and dependable: show up for work on time, give notice for time off
- always present yourself in a professional manner - language and appearance on-site, respectful, appearance/workspace/tools clean and tidy
- work well with others and follows verbal and written directions –eager to learn and help others with whatever needs to be done
- friendly and polite
- good at problem solving and thinking on your feet, knowing when to ask for help
- you want to work for a company that values: exceptional customer service, cooperation and teamwork, employee engagement and wellness, and professional development.
- are looking for a career and not just a job
Why Work for Us?
- a friendly and safe working environment (COR Safety Certified Company)
- health, dental, vision care, and mental health service benefits
- culture that promotes and encourages team-attitude, professional development, and wellness including policies, programs, and events
- open-door policy with owners and managers: transparent leadership and company goals
- opportunities and encouragement for professional development, training, and networking
How to Apply
In Person: Muriel Torchia Shyjak, 1550 Erin Street, Winnipeg. 8:00am-3:30pm or by email
Resumes must include a cover letter including the job you are applying for and how you meet the basic requirements.
Interviews will be scheduled for successful candidates by the employer during our regular business hours.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
About Us: MG Electrical/Mechanical Services Ltd has been a growing electrical, mechanical, and technical contracting company in Winnipeg since 1991. We are looking for a Journeyperson Plumber with a strong work ethic, excellent communication and time management skills, who takes pride in their work and always presents themselves in a professional manner. Our company’s focus is on excellent customer service and workmanship. Candidates should want to work on a fast-paced team in an organization focused on employee engagement, safety, and wellness.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37.00 /hour
- commercial plumbing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Red Seal Plumber (Preferred)