St. Leonard’s Community Services has been an established part of the community for more than 50 years, and is accredited for our excellence in serving children, youth, adults and families within the communities we serve.
Our staff enjoy:
- ‘Perks’ such as a fitness benefit; Employee Assistance Plan; participation in pension/RSP/TFSA plans; and group health & dental plans where premiums are 100% paid by the Agency (Full Time staff)
- An Agency committed to ensuring their physical and mental health/safety is paramount
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Supportive, collaborative teamwork, where diversity is respected, and hard work is recognized
The 17-bed co-ed residential Withdrawal Management and Treatment Services program supports safe withdrawal from substances for up to 7 individuals, as well as 10 residential and 13 community spots in a 5-week treatment program for those ready to make lasting changes to their substance use. The Manager will oversee this 24/7, non-medical facility, with approximately 30 direct and indirect reports including Supervisors, a Cook/Cleaner, Withdrawal Management Workers, Residential Counsellors and Concurrent Disorders Clinicians.
As the Manager of this program, you would:
- Supervise staff, including recruiting and performance management
- Provide ongoing oversight across programs and provide clinical supervision as required
- Develop and evaluate program activities
- Oversee case management functions
- Conduct audits to maintain accuracy and integrity of client files, identify data quality issues and contribute to Ministry reporting
- Monitor adherence to evidence-based medication policies and ensure accurate documentation
- Ensure health and safety standards are met to ensure safe operation of the facility
- Provide input and monitor adherence to program budget
- Develop and maintain community relationships and implement and evaluate protocols with partners such as the BHN RAAM Clinic, Brant Community Healthcare System and the Agency’s internal concurrent disorders outpatient program
$57,252 plus benefits
Hours of work:
Primarily days Monday to Friday but must be flexible to support the needs of this essential service. This role includes rotational on-call responsibilities.
as soon as possible
TO APPLY, YOU MUST:
- Have a college diploma in the Human/Social Services field, with a University Degree in a related Social Sciences preferred
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in a related field
- Be currently registered and in good standing with a professional governing body such as OCSWSSW or CRPO
- Meet the requirement to provide clinical supervision to staff (OCSWSSW or CRPO)
- Have current and demonstrated knowledge and experience with treatment practices and principles as they relate to working with individual with mental illness, substance use and/or homelessness issues
- Be proficient in MS Office and be familiar with databases
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Have mediation/conflict resolution/leadership skills
- Be able to manage occasional exposure to vicarious trauma
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519.759.8156
Apply by November 29, 2019
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Leonard's Community Services is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. The Agency encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.