About ALS Canada
Founded in 1977, the ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) and our provincial partners are dedicated to supporting Canadians living with ALS and investing in research to make ALS a treatable, not terminal, disease. We are a registered charity that receives no government funding – all of our services and research are funded through the generosity of our donors.
ALS Canada advocates federally, provincially and locally for better government support and access within the healthcare system for people touched by ALS.
The Data Management Coordinator will have a high attention to detail and a customer centred approach. Reporting to the Manager, Data Management and Donor Services, they will be responsible for coordinating the following key annual giving portfolios: monthly giving, tribute and memorial giving. Through effective donation administration, the Coordinator will contribute to fundraising efforts and supports building and maintaining relationships with donors.
- Process incoming donations, sorted by campaign, complete daily batches and prepare deposits
- Process major gift donations (≥$500) including data entry, receipting and/or gift acknowledgement
- Generate gift acknowledgements for non-receiptable donations
- Import donations into Raiser’s Edge database
- Ensure timely turnaround for data entry into Raiser’s Edge database of all assigned batches and ensure all donations are filed by batch and all appropriate backup documentation is include
- Generate daily reports for online donations and credit card transactions
- Run reconciliation reports to verify with accounting records
- Generate segmented tax receipts for processed donations
- Handle all aspects of tribute giving, including memorial acknowledgments, funeral home donation cards, and special occasion giving
- Maintain record-keeping procedures, returned mail/tax receipt coding and donor information in Raiser’s Edge, as received
- Communicate with donors by phone and email to take donations and updates, and resolve issues and concerns
- Maintain donor and client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Produce ad hoc reports as needed to assist in events and donor stewardship
- Perform general duties such as sort, route and distribute daily mail
- University degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience with clear demonstration of results. Experience working at a charitable organization is preferred.
- Experience with fundraising database applications, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Experience working on Artez/Frontstream software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive solution and customer service-oriented approach
- Positive and results-oriented, with the interpersonal skills and integrity that inspire trust
- Collaborator who works well with internal teams and departments as well as with external stakeholders
- Innovator who identifies opportunities for the organization and brings new ideas and concepts forward for discussion
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing environment
- Previous experience in a non-profit healthcare organization
Submit a cover letter and resume in pdf by November 12th, 2019. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating the individual needs of job candidates, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer, we strongly encourage people from equity seeking groups to apply.
Job Type: Full-time